‘I had a great experience, but I’ve lost hope’: Jammu and Kashmir residents in heartbreak

The atmosphere in Jammu is very different from anywhere else in the state.

This is not just due to the prevailing climate and the fact that this is a volatile time of the year, but also due to Kashmiris living in an extremely isolated, inhospitable environment.

The last time I visited the area was during my stint as an officer in the Indian army.

For the first time in my career, I had to spend time in Kashmir without the warmth and companionship of my family.

It was a stark contrast from other parts of the country.

In the past, I used to visit Jammu for a couple of days a month.

However, these days, I rarely do so, as I find the city very difficult to get around in.

The climate of the Kashmir valley is extremely dry, and this is one of the reasons why the region is considered a dry climate, despite the fact the Himalayas are not as far north as the Kashmiri plateau.

This dry climate has led to an increase in water-related deaths, and as such, the area has become a breeding ground for deadly diseases.

In fact, there is no place in Kashmir where people can gather for family gatherings and socialising.

There is only one place in J&K where people could gather, but this place is in Kupwara, a town located on the eastern bank of the Khyber Pass.

There, there are no signs of life outside of the village, which is surrounded by high walls.

It is here that residents have taken to calling the area the ‘Mannar area’, which is actually a reference to the large number of people who live in this village, many of whom are farmers who rely on the land they cultivate for their livelihood.

One day in March, I decided to visit the village to ask the residents of this village what was happening there.

As I entered the village I saw a large crowd of people milling around the village.

At this point, I was completely taken aback by the size of the crowd.

I was even more shocked when I saw the crowd of women and children.

They were all wearing traditional clothing and their hair was neatly brushed and tied up.

Some of the men were also walking with their families in groups of five or six.

The group of women was in full regalia, and they were all dressed in the traditional attire.

It had taken me a moment to realise that the atmosphere of this area is completely different from what I had been used to in Jandiala or Srinagar.

As I walked around the town, I noticed that there were large crowds of people around the main streets.

I walked past a bus stand, and I noticed a young girl wearing a traditional dress with a long, black skirt, and was leaning against a wall, next to the bus stand.

The woman was holding a glass of water to her lips and was trying to get rid of some water.

The man was walking next to her, carrying a bag full of groceries, and he was also holding a water bottle in his hands.

I asked the woman if I could take her to my home, and she said yes.

I thought to myself that the situation was quite normal in the village and I should go there to take a look at the situation, but at the same time, I did not want to get into trouble with the police.

I had not expected the police to be so active and aggressive.

As soon as I reached the house of the woman, the woman said to me, “We have just received the news of the death of one of our relatives in the Khwaja-e-Khoran area.

She was killed by an armed group who were raiding the village in search of a cow.

I will take you there to get some of the things they need”.

I was so shocked that I did all I could to ask her to leave me alone.

I wanted to leave, but the woman insisted that I go.

She went to a nearby shop and handed me some of what she was carrying.

I returned to the village with my bag and the water bottle, but she did not leave me with her.

I told her I was not going to be disturbed and she kept calling me back.

After a few minutes, I finally decided to go back to the shop.

As my walk to the store was getting closer, I saw some people mill around the corner.

The people who were milling about were women and girls.

I saw them all sitting on the ground with their heads facing the wall.

I stopped my walk and asked them what was going on, and one of them said, “I was just about to give the police some water when the armed group came to the house and asked for water.”

The woman, who had asked me to stay behind, said to the others, “Please go to your homes and go and get water for